Activity Director Training
Activity Director Training offers the basic knowledge to fulfill the role of Activity Director as defined in the state and federal requirements for nursing facilities/long term care.
4.2 quarter credit hours/42 CEU
Employment settings: nursing facilities
Textbook requirements: “Long Term Care for Activity Professionals, Social Services Professionals, and Recreational Therapists”, Seventh Edition, by Elizabeth Best-Martini, MS, CTRS, Mary Anne Weeks, MPH, SSC, and Priscilla Wirth, MS, RHIA
Book price: $50.00
Trade Paper, Reproducible Forms, 512 pages
Published by Idyll Arbor
Purchase at: Idyll Arbor, Inc. / Phone: 360-825-7797 Website: www.idyllarbor.com
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must not have been convicted of a crime rationally related to their practice of moral turpitude.
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language or a language understood by a substantial portion of the facility’s population without the use of an interpretive device.
At the completion of the Activity Director Training, the participant will be able to:
- Function in the role of Activity Director in a nursing facility;
- Assess the activity levels, preferences, and needs of the resident in a nursing facility;
- Develop an individualized and appropriate activity plan of care for residents in a nursing facility;
- Contribute to interdisciplinary team plan of care conferences;
- Participate in the care team that provides services to the resident; and
- Plan and/or arrange activities for residents in a nursing facility that meet the individual’s needs.