Assisted Living Administrator Training
The classroom content will cover topics generic to all administrators in assisted living. Classroom attendance is required.
3.0 quarter credit hours/30 CEU
Employment settings: assisted living
Textbook requirements: none
The assisted living administrator training consists of 36 actual classroom hours. Three hours of college credit will be awarded to those completing all the requirements. The classroom content will cover topics generic to all administrators in assisted living. Classroom attendance is required.
- Successful completion of the assisted living administrator training will be based on attendance at all 36 hours of classroom instruction.
- Successful completion of the practical experience is optional. The participant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Verification of completion of program will be sent to Department of Health and Human Services. The participant will be placed on a registry of persons who have met the initial training requirements upon successful completion.
This program will meet the requirements of Nebraska Health and Human Services for assisted living administrator training. A wide range of information will be covered including administration, financial management, resident care and services, social services, gerontology, and rules and regulations and standards of operation relating to the operations of an assisted living facility.
At the completion of the assisted living administrator training, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the administrator in managing the operations of the facility.
- Discuss the philosophy and principles of assisted living.
- Describe the responsibilities for an administrator related to the financial aspects of the facility.
- Develop a system for identifying resident needs and incorporating them in the Resident Service Agreement.
- Relate the provision of services to a resident with changing needs.
- Describe the normal aging process in relation to care and services.
- Review of rules and regulations and standards of operation related to the assisted living facility.