Executive Nurse Leader Training
This program offers the Director of Nursing and/ or the Assistant Director of Nursing in a nursing facility vital information related to their role. Topics and critical issues include; understanding the role, leadership and management training, problem solving, care planning, staffing issues including levels of staffing, requirements and teamwork. Documentation, regulations and survey are also included. Classroom attendance is required.
3.5 credit hours
Textbook requirements: none
- Must have a current active nursing license.
- Must be currently practicing nursing in a nursing facility.
At the completion of the Director of Nursing training, the participant will be able to:
- Identify responsibilities required for the role of Director of Nursing;
- Identify areas of development that are essential for success as a Director of Nursing; and
- Develop skills of the nurse manager to administer the nursing department.