Nurse Leader Training
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the impact of group process on group success and productivity.
- Identify roles of a nurse/manager in nursing facilities.
- Discuss situational leadership and four components: directing, coaching, supporting, and delegating.
- Understand the effects of co-dependency in the work environment.
- Identify the components of problem solving and implement the process when appropriate.
- Conduct and participate in an effective meeting.
- Utilize effective communication techniques in management and the leadership process.
Continuing Education Credit
Participants must attend both days in order to obtain credit. This training meets the requirements for 12 hours of continuing education for license renewal of nurses as established by the Licensure Unit, Health Licensure and Investigation Section, Division of Public Health, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.
Training may be taken as credit or non-credit. The Nebraska Health Care Learning Center will award 1.2 hours of college credit upon successful completion of 12 hours of classroom instruction.