Social Service Designee Training
Social Service Designee Training offers the basic knowledge to fulfill the role of social service in a nursing facility under 120 beds as defined in the state and federal requirements for nursing facilities/long term care.
4.2 quarter credit hours/42 CEU
Employment settings: nursing facilities; assisted living, home health, hospitals, ICF-MR
Textbook requirements: None
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must not have been convicted of a crime rationally related to their practice of moral turpitude.
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language or a language understood by a substantial portion of the facility’s population without the use of an interpretive device.
At the completion of the Social Service Designee training, the participant will be able to:
- Function in the role of Social Service Designee in a nursing facility,
- Assess the psycho-social and spiritual needs of the resident in a nursing facility,
- Develop an appropriate psycho-social plan of care for residents in a nursing facility,
- Contribute to an interdisciplinary team plan of care conference,
- Utilize Nebraska resources in meeting resident needs,
- Participate in the care team that provides services to the resident, and
- Function in the advocate role on behalf of the resident.