Sponsored by Sysco Lincoln
The assisted living administrator training consists of 30 actual classroom hours. The classroom content will cover topics generic to all administrators in assisted living. This five-day program includes the Nov. 12-14 refresher and the Dec. 4-5 refresher.
This program will meet the requirements of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services for assisted living administrator training. A wide range of information will be covered including administration, financial management, resident care and services, social services, gerontology, and rules, regulations and standards relating to the operation of an assisted living facility.
At the completion of the assisted living administrator training, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify the roles and responsibilities of the administrator in managing the operation of the facility.
2. Discuss the philosophy and principles of assisted living.
3. Describe the responsibilities for an administrator related to the financial aspects of the facility.
4. Develop a system for identifying a resident’s needs and incorporating them into the Resident Service Agreement.
5. Relate the provision of services to a resident with changing needs.
6. Describe the normal aging process in relation to care and services.
7. Review the rules and regulations and standards of operation related to the assisted living facility.
Successful completion of the assisted living administrator training will be based on attendance at all 30 hours of classroom instruction. The participant must be at least 21 years of age.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
This training is appropriate for the educational requirement for assisted living administrators. This education program meets the continuing competency requirements of up to 30 hours for the renewal/reinstatement of a Nebraska Nursing Home Administrator’s license as granted by the Nebraska Board of Nursing Home Administrators. This program meets the criteria for continuing education of 30 hours for nurses. Participants must stay in the education program the entire time to receive full credit.
Connie Knorr, BSN, RN, Director of Professional Development, Nebraska Health Care Association
This training is designed for any individual in an administrator/director/manager position in an assisted living facility.
Members* (per person) for Five-Day Training:
Total Member* Cost on/before Oct. 28: $449
Total Member* Cost after Oct. 28: $474
Non-Members (per person) for Five-Day Training:
Total Non-Member Cost on/before Oct. 28: $898
Total Non-Member Cost after Oct. 28: $923
*Member rates apply to NNFA, NALA, NAHHA, LPNAN, and NHPCA members.