The total training will be taught in two parts. Attendance at all days’ sessions is required for completion of the training. Any missed days must be made up the next time the training is offered.
The training is designed for the person with primary responsibility for the social service program in a nursing facility.
At the completion of the social service designee training, the participant will be able to:
1. Function in the role of social service designee in a nursing facility.
2. Assess the psycho-social and spiritual needs of the resident in a nursing facility.
3. Develop an appropriate psycho-social plan of care for residents in a nursing facility.
4. Contribute to an interdisciplinary team plan of care conference.
5. Utilize Nebraska resources in meeting resident needs.
6. Participate in the care team that provides services to the resident.
7. Function in the advocate role on behalf of the resident.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
This training meets the criteria of an approved continuing education program for social work – 42 hours.
Training may be taken as credit or non-credit. The Nebraska Health Care Learning Center will award 4.2 hours of college credit upon successful completion of 42 hours of classroom instruction. See the Nebraska Health Care Learning Center Catalog (date published: May 2018) for credit requirements. View and/or print this catalog here.
Pam Truscott, MSN, Nurse Educator, RN, Vice President of Professional Development, Nebraska Health Care Association, Lincoln, Nebraska
Printed handouts will not be provided. Handouts will be available online. Prior to the program, registrants will receive a link to the handouts. Please include your email address on the registration form.
Please provide your feedback on the program by completing the evaluation. A link to the online evaluation will be emailed to registrants.