Directs, develops, and guides medical/nursing care for Gardenside in strategic planning and overall efficient operations to insure quality department outcomes which support the organization’s mission, vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates Nursing Services to meet resident needs.
- Promotes high quality of care through overseeing and directing all aspects related to provision of long-term care services.
- Establishes nursing standards in accordance with regulatory and industry standards.
- Oversees nursing scheduling to ensure adequate staffing is provided to maintain compliance with regulations and meet resident’s needs.
- Confirms completion of MDS with all disciplines involved, in accordance with regulations.
- Coordinates and assists care plan team.
- Maintain assessment schedule to comply with regulatory standards
- Performs and doucments nursing assessments necessary to develop an accurate MDS, in coordination with MDS nursing staff.
- Provides education and coaching to care plan team.
- Coordinates development and implementation of resident care plan of care.
- Oversees all disciplines responsible for completion & update of resident plan of care.
- Assures residents needs are met
- Oversees and directs care provided by support staff.
- When needed, functions in a Charge Nurse capacity.
- Reviews, discusses and implements physician orders appropriately.
- Provides leadership for Nursing Department
- Recruits and develops a qualified and productive workforce.
- Oversees orientation of new Gardenside staff.
- Participates as an effective member of the Care Team
- Assists in performing preadmission screening to determine appropriateness for potential admission.
RN, Five years clinical experience with LTC and management experience strongly preferred
To apply for this job email your details to deb.sutton@JCHealthandlife.org