Homestead Rehabilitation Center
Full Time Hire-On Bonus – $3,000
Coordinates and provides nursing care for residents and provides supervision and guidance to clinical staff members. Scope of work may be modified by state specific rules under the Nurse Practice Act.
- Graduate of accredited LPN/LVN school of nursing.
- Valid LPN/LVN license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification.
- One year experience in nursing preferred.
- Documents the resident’s condition and nursing needs.
- Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders.
- Assigns nursing care to team members in accordance with the resident’s needs and the person’s capabilities and qualifications.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates junior staff members, CMAs, and CNAs.
- Administers medications and performs treatments for assigned residents, and documents that treatment as required by Homestead Rehabilitation Center, and local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Provides direction, supervision, and monitoring of medication administration by Medication Aides.
- Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures within the scope of state specified Nursing Practice Act.
- Ensures that supplies are utilized economically and that equipment is clean and maintained in a safe manner.
- Reports and records pertinent observations and reactions regarding residents.
- Coordinates nursing care of residents when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in residents.
- Interviews applicants and recommends hires. Participates in counseling, disciplinary action and termination of staff, to extent permitted by State Practice Act.
- Supervises nursing unit, which includes scheduling and directing the nursing staff to extent permitted by State Practice Act.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Promotes interpersonal relationships and develops staff morale.
- Assures that inventory and supplies are maintained on the unit and communicates needs for housekeeping, maintenance or dietary assistance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org