Homestead Rehabilitation Center
Full Time Hire-On Bonus – $4,000
Plans, coordinates and provides total nursing care for residents and provides supervision and guidance to clinical staff members. Scope of work may be modified by state specific rules under the Nurse Practice Act.
- Graduate of accredited RN School of Nursing.
- Valid RN license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification.
- One year of nursing experience preferred.
- Initiates and leads team conferences in development of individualized nursing care plans.
- Assesses and documents the resident’s condition and nursing needs.
- Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders.
- Assigns nursing care to team members in accordance with the resident’s needs and the person’s capabilities and qualifications.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates LPNs, LVNs, CMAs, and CNAs.
- Administers medications, starts IVs and performs treatments for assigned residents, and documents that treatment as required by Kindred, and local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Provides direction and monitoring of medication administration by Medication Aides.
- Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
- Assists physicians with special tests and procedures within the scope of state specified Nursing Practice Act.
- Ensures that supplies are utilized economically and that equipment is clean and maintained in a safe manner.
- Reports and records pertinent observations and reactions regarding residents.
- Coordinates nursing care of residents when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments.
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in residents.
- Interviews applicants and recommends hires. Participates in counseling, disciplinary action and termination of staff, to extent permitted by state practice act.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org