Hybrid Online Instructor Information
The Nebraska Health Care Learning Center seeks registered nurses and licensed practical nurses interested in teaching or testing Basic Nursing Assistant classes at approved training or testing sites. Once approved, registered nurses and licensed practical nurses are able to:
- Serve as a preceptor for hybrid online Basic Nursing Assistant classes. A preceptor demonstrates and tests students on clinical skills on site (30 hours). Preceptors coordinate with a third-party online instructor during the class. Preceptors receive training to conduct in-person classes as well as orientation on the online platform.
- Perform state testing for Basic Nursing Assistant students.
- Nurse aide clinical skills testing can only be done by a registered nurse.
- The nurse who taught the class cannot state test the students.
- A nurse who works at the same organization as the student cannot state test the student.
- Licensed practical nurses who teach the class will need to have registered nurse oversight.
- An LPN or RN with at least one-year experience in long- term care is ideal. Teaching, mentoring, or coaching experience is preferred.
Instructors are also need for traditional, all in-person Basic Nursing Assistant and Medication Aide classes across Nebraska.
Contact email@example.com or 402-435-3551 if you are interested in becoming an NHCLC-approved instructor/preceptor.